Classes for Beginners or Instruction on a Firearm New to You - Pistol, Shotgun or Rifle (AR Style only or Non-AR Style)
- All Classes are Approximately 4-1/2 hours
- Beginner Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun class: $135 per course per student who brings their own firearm / If you do not have a firearm to bring you may use Instructor's during class only for an additional $25 (pay instructor during class)
- Must be 21 years of age or older for pistol classes, or if between 15-20 accompanied by a legal guardian.
- Must be 18 years of age or older for rifle and shotgun classes, or if between 12-17 accompanied by a legal guardian.
- Classes are scheduled on weekends, and upon request on weekdays.
APRIL/MAY SCHEDULED WEEKEND CLASSES:
Pistol: April 2, April 15, May 6, May 20, May 28
Shotgun: April 9, May 27
Rifle (AR only): April 23, May 13
Wicen's Shooting Range has many NRA Certified Firearms Instructors with the expertise to teach Pistol, Rifle and Shotgun classes using our on-site Classroom Facility and Shooting Range.
Our Classes for Beginners OR Instruction on a Firearm New to You provide a hands-on introduction to the safe handling and use of a pistol, rifle or shotgun. These courses are approximately 4-1/2 hours, including classroom and outdoor range time, learning to properly shoot a pistol, rifle or shotgun, under the direct supervision of the NRA Certified Instructor.
Students learn the NRA’s rules for safe gun handling; the particular firearm model parts and operation; ammunition; shooting fundamentals; cleaning the firearm; safe storage options; and continued opportunities for skill development.
Students earn the WSR Range Badge for future range use, and may continue shooting the day of class at no extra fee if attending the morning class.
Wicen's will provide
- NRA Certified Firearm Instructor
- State of the Art Classroom Facility
- Range Use / Range Badge
- Student Packet (including Certificate of Completion, if earned)
- Light Refreshments
Student will provide
- *Firearm (Pistol, rifle or shotgun according to course selected)
- *50 Rounds target ammunition for their specific firearm
- Owner's Manual for their firearm
- Firearm cleaning kit
- Eye and Ear Protection
- *If student does not yet have a firearm for the specific class, the instructor can provide one for your use along with the ammunition for an additional fee of $25. Wicen's does NOT rent firearms for general use - this service is only provided during scheduled classes.
- If student is in need of firearm cleaning supplies or eye/ear protection, these will be provided for your use at no additional fee.
- Soon after registering, you will receive an email from wicenshootingrange.com, providing details regarding the specific course you have selected.
IF YOU ARE PREGNANT OR TRYING TO BECOME PREGNANT, YOU MAY NOT ATTEND THESE COURSES.
IF YOU ARE PROHIBITED FROM PURCHASING OR POSESSING A FIREARM DUE TO STATE OR FEDERAL LAW, YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO ATTEND ANY CLASSES AND ARE NOT ALLOWED ON THE PROPERTY.
YOU MUST PRE-REGISTER FOR ALL CLASSES - THERE ARE NO WALK-INS ACCEPTED.
Go to the registration page, select which type of course you would like to attend and which date. Complete all required information, pay the fee, and you will receive a confirmation e-mail very soon thereafter.